The first automatic color control system for traditional (offset, flexo…) and digital printing.
Smijet represents a major advance over existing control systems. It continuously verifies the color consistency of your production on 100% of the web width.
In digital printing, it instantly detects deviated and missing jets.
A radical step forward – This AI-based print color control system contrast with conventional solutions:
- On 100% of the production, Smijet® continuously monitors color consistency, regardless of the substrate.
- Smijet® detects the drifts with a precision of ΔE≤1 and a definition of 1mm2, scanning directly into images and texts. No more need for color control bars!
- Its patented multiband spectral sensor detects up to 8 million shades inaccessible to RGB cameras.
- Its measurements are taken during the printing process and the concerned areas are permanently displayed on its HD screen.
- It detects the slightest difference between the reference model (PDFX or press proof) and the printed material.
- In inkjet printing, it continuously detects any missing or deflected jets. It is a valuable aid to predictive maintenance.
- The “Human-Eye” intelligence developed by Odesyo, allows Smijet to simulate a expert human user. This avoids over-quality costs.
Why an automatic print color control that continuously monitors your production?
Print quality is a major issue for manufacturers. It can lead to productivity slowdowns and financial losses due to waste and customer rejects. In addition, the conformity and consistency of colors on printed products is a crucial issue for businesses. Brands want their graphic charters to be respected as colors on products, packaging and documents are marketing elements that contribute to their notoriety.
Whether in traditional or digital printing, the colors must be identical across all media.
In digital printing, automatic detection and prevention of missing or deflected jets is crucial.
More precise and fast set-up: far less waste of time & paper.
With our brand new AI-based Smijet print color control system, your offset or digital printing system is operational in less than a minute, with controlled colorimetry, no sampling, and no associated waste.
During the set-up phase of a printing system, adjustment operations to calibrate and register the colors are necessary. Sometimes, they are delicate and tiresome.
- Smijet automatically adjusts the density and ICC profiles.
- It allows the automatic calibration of color presses or digital printing.
- Finally, its integrated D50 illuminant (daylight) is entirely in conformity with the ISO12647 standard.
Smijet main features:
Human Eye® neural networks
The AI of Smijet behaves like a human expert, but much faster.
Thanks to the “Human-Eye®” Artificial Intelligence technology, Smijet continuously monitors color and guarantees the absence of any color drift that could be perceived by the eye of a professional user.
By avoiding rejections due to defects undetectable by the human eye, you can finally say goodbye to over-quality costs!
Analyze, detect, understand, predict, neutralize, learn, and memorize: is it really a simple machine?
It is the use of neural networks that makes ultra-fast deep learning possible. As a consequence, Smijet is able to reflect, memorize, anticipate and neutralize color defects. This near-human Artificial Intelligence performs color calibration in seconds (instead of several minutes) and corrects color variations continuously throughout the production process. Finally, Smijet predicts and neutralizes these defects before they are detectable by the human eye.
Want to know more about the Smijet color control solution? Contact us